We always feel the need of sleeping just a little more time once the alarm goes off. What difference could five minutes or an extra hour of sleep make in our lives? Well, according to experts, possibly a lot! There is enough scientific evidence to prove how sufficient and insufficient sleep can affect our daily routines. It also has an evident impact on our health, body, weight, moods and emotionality. It is also a determinant of how you perform in bed and how good is your sex life. In short, sleep is more important in our lives than many of us even are aware of.
Enough sleeping hours
Health experts and scientists have determined the accurate ratio of sleep fours for a healthy individual. It is known that a child needs up to 8 to 10 hours of sleep while a working adult needs 6 to 7 hours of sleep minimally.
Disturbed sleeping pattern
Disturbed sleeping patterns are directly relevant to stress. It is a precursor and symptom of stress and depression. Disturbed sleeping patterns adversely impact the health, causing fatigue, tiredness, loss of appetite, failed levels of concentration and attention.
Reasons, why sleep, is so important
There are countless reasons why sleep is so important and a huge determinant for good health.
- Sleep is invigorating for the human brain
- Sleep is much important for growth and development of the body as the growth hormone is released by the body during sleep
- Sleeping is the resting position of the Therefore, it is vital for the efficient working of the human body
- Lack of sleep is directly related as one of the major causes of obesity. Lack of sleep affects the release and production of body hormones, thus leading to increased hunger pangs, overweight, and obesity
- Sleep deprivation is also believed to be a huge predictor of psychological and behavioral problems and possibly leads to attention-related disorders such as ADHA.
- The process of memory is completed during sleep cycles. If the sleeping pattern is disturbed, it may as a result cause memory deficits and related problems
- Studies reveal that children of school going age who sleep well and proper hours at night tend to perform better in school than children who are sleep deprived
- One reason why sleep is so important is that it forms an association between the children and adults. If a child sleeps properly, the sleep of the parent is also not adversely affected which is overall beneficial for the daily routines
Tips that will help to sleep better at night
- Avoid taking naps during the daytime. This will help you to go to bed on time at night
- Make a habit of drinking a glass of warm milk before you go to bed at night. It helps in sleeping better
- If you find it difficult to go to sleep then engage in physical activities more during day time
- Try not to eat anything at least 2 hours before going to sleep. This will help in undisturbed sleep at night
- Make sure the place you are sleeping in, mostly your bedroom is peaceful and quite and get more beat stress tips http://brainheadway.com/beat-stress-12-tips-for-a-good-nights-sleep/